The essential oil of Clary Sage is extracted from the leaves and flowers of the herb Salvia sclarea, better known as Clary Sage. This herb is native to the Mediterranean Basin. The name comes from the Latin word "clarus," which means "clarifying" or "cleansing." Its scent is described as having notes of herbs, woods, tobacco, and balsams. A famous perfume, 'Miss Dior,' features clary sage among its components.
For centuries, Clary Sage has been used to treat various ailments, including an eyewash, for soothing the skin, and treating multiple women's health concerns. This useful herb has also been used to flavor several beverages, like beer, wine, and vermouth. And today, we still highly value this herb for its medicinal properties.
Clary sage is one of the most calming and relaxing essential oils due to the high amount of Linalyl Acetate. It can help you fight stress and anxiety and promote a positive environment and a restful sleep. Another component of Clary Sage oil is Sclareol, promoting estrogenic effects on the body. For this reason, Clary Sage may be beneficial for women's health, especially concerning menopause symptoms and menstrual cramps.
Potential uses of Clary Sage oil:
- Stress relief
- Sleep aid
- Menopause support
- Menstrual cramps
- Migraines and headaches
Remedy's Nutrition Essential Oils are:
- 100% Pure Practitioner Oils
- Pharmacist reviewed and approved
- Single oils are not diluted with other oils
- Oil blends, when necessary, are blended in a base of grapeseed oil
- No additives, adulterations, contaminants, or synthetics
- Safe and clean distillation method
- Appropriately handled and stored in a tightly sealed dark glass bottle
- Quality and potency are guaranteed!
Certificate of Analysis (COA) upon request.
Pure essential oils are concentrated and potent; a couple of drops are usually enough for topical use and aromatherapy.
When using Clary Sage on your skin, make sure to dilute it with a carrier oil, such as almond, coconut, or avocado oil. Always do a patch test: half teaspoon of carrier oil to 1-3 drops of essential oil. Apply a dime-size amount of this blend to a small area of skin that is not sensitive. If tolerated, you may increase the ratio until the desired effect is obtained.
- During your menstrual cycle, rub three to five drops of Clary Sage oil on the abdomen for a soothing massage.
- Add Clary Sage to your bathwater. You can also mix it with Chamomile or Lavender oil for a full stress-relieving experience.
- For a better night of sleep, apply one to two drops of Clary Sage essential oil to your pillow.
- Add three to four drops of Clary Sage to your shampoo or conditioner to promote healthy hair and scalp.
- Combine Clary Sage with a carrier oil to massage, soothe, and rejuvenate your skin.
For external use only, after a patch test. Avoid contact with eyes, ears, mouth, and other sensitive areas. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor's care, consult your physician. Do not use undiluted on the skin. Best kept in a cool, dry place.
Clary Sage oil can cause skin irritation or allergy. Do a patch test before using the oil to ensure it doesn't irritate your skin. If you react, stop using citronella oil or products that contain it.
Because of this tendency to calm (sedate), it is recommended that you do not drive after using clary sage oil.
OFTEN TAKEN WITH
For aromatherapy, perfumery, or DYI home products, Clary Sage essential oil blends well with:
Bergamot, Cedarwood, Chamomile, Citronella, Cypress, Frankincense, Geranium, Grapefruit, Jasmine, Juniper, Lavender, Lime, Sandalwood, and Patchouli.
Essential Oils are scented oils extracted from flowers, bark, stems, leaves, roots, and other plant parts. Historically, many different cultures have used these healing plant oils in medicine, cosmetics, perfumes, food, and aromatherapy.
REVIEWSRead and leave reviews
Why You'll Love Us:
We Specialize in Herbal Remedies, Vitamins, and Supplements That Work, Guaranteed!
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.