Remedy’s Nutrition® Frankincense essential oil is extracted from the aromatic resin obtained from the Boswellia serrata tree, native to India. Its fragrance is described as earthy, woody, and spicy.
The English word Frankincense derives from the Old French expression franc encens, meaning "high-quality incense." The word franc in Old French meant "pure" or "noble."
With a varied range of uses and extraordinary benefits, Frankincense is considered the "king" of all essential oils.
Frankincense was highly valued by ancient cultures and utilized for the most sacred practices. It was used for incense, perfume, holy ointments, and as a fumigant. For example, in ancient biblical times, it was one of the ingredients the Hebrews used in their holy incense offering to God, and it was given as a gift to Christ after his birth. Also, the ancient Egyptians made use of Frankincense for soothing skin, as a perfume, and even during the mummification process.
Today, Frankincense's powerful properties are widely used by people seeking to improve their everyday lifestyle. From beauty purposes to health-promoting benefits, Remedy’s Nutrition® recommends Frankincense in your most-have essential oil kit.
Potential uses of Frankincense essential oil:
- Reduces joint inflammation caused by arthritis.
- Promotes feelings of peace, tranquility, and relaxation.
- Rejuvenates the skin and makes it look healthy.
- Reduces the appearance of imperfections and uneven skin tones.
- Creates an uplifting and empowering environment.
- Strengthens and stimulates the respiratory system.
- Supports the immune system.
- Sleep aid.
Remedy’s Nutrition® Essential Oils are:
- 100% Pure Practitioner Oils
- Pharmacist reviewed and approved
- Single oils are not cut with other oils
- Oil blends, when necessary, are blended in a base of grapeseed oil
- No additives, adulterations, contaminants, or synthetics
- Safe and clean distillation method
- Appropriately handled and stored in a tightly sealed dark glass bottle
- Quality and potency are guaranteed!
Certificate of Analysis (COA) upon request.
Frankincense essential oil is concentrated and potent; a couple of drops are usually enough for topical use and aromatherapy.
When using Frankincense oil on your skin, make sure to dilute it with a carrier oil, such as almond, coconut, or avocado oil. Always do a patch test. Since Remedy’s Nutrition® Frankincense essential oil is in its pure and undiluted state, start with small amounts: three drops in a teaspoon of carrier oil. If tolerated, you may increase the ratio until the desired effect is obtained.
- For joint inflammation, mix one or two drops of Frankincense with a carrier oil and rub it on your joints with circular movements.
- For a relaxing massage experience, mix Frankincense with a carrier oil and apply it to the desired area.
- For healthy-looking skin, add a few drops of Frankincense oil to your moisturizer.
- For a peaceful environment, apply Frankincense essential oil to your favorite diffuser.
For external use only. Avoid contact with sensitive areas. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor's care, consult your physician. Do not use undiluted on the skin. Best kept in a cool, dry place.
Frankincense can cause skin irritation or allergy. Do a patch test before using the oil to ensure it doesn't irritate your skin. If you react, stop using Frankincense oil or products that contain it.
OFTEN TAKEN WITH
For aromatherapy, perfumery, or DYI home products, Frankincense essential oil blends well with:
Basil, Bergamot, Cedarwood, Chamomile, Cinnamon, Clary sage, Cypress, Geranium, Ginger, Lime, Lemon, Lavender, Myrrh, Sandalwood and Ylang Ylang.
Essential Oils are scented oils extracted from flowers, bark, stems, leaves, roots, and other plant parts. Historically, many different cultures have used these healing plant oils in medicine, cosmetics, perfumes, food, and aromatherapy.
REVIEWSRead and leave reviews
Why You'll Love Us:
We Specialize in Herbal Remedies, Vitamins, and Supplements That Work, Guaranteed!
Relax, we're here for you
Making your shopping experience as easy and painless as possible
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.