Remedy's Nutrition® Valerian essential oil is extracted from the Valeriana officinalis plant, a member of the Valerianaceae family; It's a perennial plant native to Europe and Asia and naturalized in North America.
Although the Valerian plant has some beautiful sweet-scented pink or white flowers, its roots are responsible for Valerian's extraordinary properties. It has a distinctive woody, dry, musky, and strong aroma. Some may find this aroma unpleasant, but you can soften it dramatically by diluting it or blending it with other oils and still enjoy all its benefits!
The name of the herb is derived from Latin verb valere, meaning 'to be strong, healthy'. Better known as 'Nature's Valium,' Valerian root has sedative, calming, grounding, and emotionally balancing qualities. Valerian root contains compounds that may promote sleep, increase relaxation, improve mood, and help deal with stress and anxiety.
Remedy's Nutrition® Valerian essential oil is extracted from the roots of the Valerian plant through a steam distillation technique. Some of the potential uses of Valerian essential oil are:
- Nervous tension
- Anxiety and stress
- Menstrual problems
Remedy's Nutrition® Essential Oils are:
- 100% Pure Practitioner Oils
- Pharmacist reviewed and approved
- Single oils are not cut with other oils
- Oil blends, when necessary, are blended in a base of grapeseed oil
- No additives, adulterations, contaminants, or synthetics
- Safe and clean distillation method
- Appropriately handled and stored in a tightly sealed dark glass bottle
- Quality and potency are guaranteed!
Certificate of Analysis (COA) upon request.
Valerian essential oil is concentrated and potent; a couple of drops are usually enough for topical use and aromatherapy.
When using Valerian oil on your skin, make sure to dilute it with a carrier oil, such as almond, coconut, or avocado oil. Always do a patch test. Remedy's Nutrition® Valerian essential oil is in its pure and undiluted state. Start with small amounts: three drops in a teaspoon of carrier oil. If tolerated, you may increase the ratio until the desired effect is obtained.
- For a calming and grounding effect, apply a few drops of Valerian oil to your temples or the bottoms of your feet.
- Before going to bed, diffuse Valerian oil in your bedroom.
- For a shooting massage, dilute Valerian oil with a carrier oil, and massage any desired area of your body.
- Enjoy a relaxing bath by blending Valerian, Lavender, Orange, and Ylang Ylang essential oils, and apply this mixture to your tub. Relax and enjoy!
For external use only. Avoid contact with sensitive areas. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor's care, consult your physician. Do not use undiluted on the skin. Best kept in a cool, dry place.
Valerian can cause skin irritation or allergy. Do a patch test before using the oil to ensure it doesn't irritate your skin. If you react, stop using Valerian oil or products that contain it.
OFTEN TAKEN WITH
For aromatherapy, perfumery, or DYI home products, Remedy's Nutrition® Valerian essential oil blends well with:
Cedarwood, Chamomile, Lavender, Orange, Patchouli, Pine, Rosemary, Tangerine, and Vetiver.
Essential Oils are scented oils extracted from flowers, bark, stems, leaves, roots, and other plant parts. Historically, many different cultures have used these healing plant oils in medicine, cosmetics, perfumes, food, and aromatherapy.
REVIEWSRead and leave reviews
Why You'll Love Us:
We Specialize in Herbal Remedies, Vitamins, and Supplements That Work, Guaranteed!
Relax, we're here for you
Making your shopping experience as easy and painless as possible
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.