Clove essential oil is extracted from the flowering buds of Syzygium aromaticum, native to East Asia. The aromatic, warm, and spicy scent of this oil has energizing and stimulating properties.
In Ayurveda and Traditional Chinese medicine, Clove is used widely. Apart from adding flavor and aroma to their dishes, people use Clove oil, leaves, stems, and buds for several health ailments. According to Chinese medicine, Cloves belong to the category 'Herbs that warm the Interior and expel Cold.'
For years, Clove has been used for dental care due to its antibacterial properties and its ability to cleanse the mouth and refresh breath. Among its chemical constituents is eugenol, responsible for a numbing effect of clove oil when used for toothaches.
In aromatherapy, Clove oil has a wide range of daily uses and is used as an antiseptic and pain reliever. Clove is also used to alleviate certain respiratory conditions, such as asthma and cough, and promotes a healthy immune system. Due to the pain-relief properties, it may be used as a massage oil over aching joints. It is a very versatile spice! With antioxidant, antibacterial, antiviral, anti-fungal, antiseptic, and energizing properties, Clove essential oil is great for home remedies purposes.
Potential uses of Clove Bud essential oil:
- Pain Relief
- Gum disease
- Skin conditions
- Digestive upset
- Respiratory conditions
Remedy's Nutrition Essential Oils are:
- 100% Pure Practitioner Oils
- Pharmacist reviewed and approved
- Single oils are not cut with other oils
- Oil blends, when necessary, are blended in a base of grapeseed oil
- No additives, adulterations, contaminants, or synthetics
- Safe and clean distillation method
- Appropriately handled and stored in a tightly sealed dark glass bottle
- Quality and potency are guaranteed!
Certificate of Analysis (COA) upon request.
Clove Bud essential oil is concentrated and potent; a couple of drops are usually enough for topical use and aromatherapy.
When using Clove Bud oil on your skin, make sure to dilute it with a carrier oil, such as almond, coconut, or avocado oil. Always do a patch test. Remedy's Clove Bud essential oil is in its pure and undiluted state; start with small amounts: three drops in a teaspoon of carrier oil. If tolerated, you may increase the ratio until the desired effect is obtained.
- For toothaches relief, apply Clove oil to a tooth with a cotton ball or Q-tip, avoiding contact with your gums.
- For a skin-warming effect, combine with Clove Bud essential oil in your hand, body, and facial cream.
- For massage therapy, dilute Clove oil with a carrier oil and apply topically for a soothing and relaxing effect.
- For a stimulating environment, blend Clove oil with other fragrant essential oils, like Cinnamon and Orange, spray it in the room, or use your preferred diffuser.
- For cat repellent, blend Clove oil with Garlic oil and spay it.
- Internal use of clove oil is recommended only under the supervision of your healthcare professional.
For external use only, after a patch test. Avoid contact with eyes, ears, mouth, and other sensitive areas. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor's care, consult your physician. Do not use undiluted on the skin. Best kept in a cool, dry place.
Clove Bud oil is powerful and can cause skin irritation or allergy. Do a patch test before using the oil to ensure it doesn't irritate your skin. If you react, stop using Clove oil or products that contain it.
OFTEN TAKEN WITH
For aromatherapy, perfumery, or DYI home products, Clove Bud essential oil blends well with: Basil, Bergamot, Cedarwood, Chamomile, Cinnamon, Clary Sage, Frankincense, Ginger, Grapefruit, Lemon, Orange, Peppermint, and Rosemary.
Essential Oils are scented oils extracted from flowers, bark, stems, leaves, roots, and other plant parts. Historically, many different cultures have used these healing plant oils in medicine, cosmetics, perfumes, food, and aromatherapy.
REVIEWSRead and leave reviews
Why You'll Love Us:
We Specialize in Herbal Remedies, Vitamins, and Supplements That Work, Guaranteed!
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.