Hearing the word “cyst” can be scary. Why? Because we fear the worst: the unknown, death, and the word cancer.
By educating yourself on the type of cysts that exist and understanding how to naturally get rid of those cysts, you can feel more comfortable and confident navigating life without the worry about the potential damage of a cyst.
Let’s take a closer look at common cysts and how they form. Plus, we’ll give natural home remedies for cysts you can try to avoid surgical removal.
What causes cysts?
Most cysts are not cancerous and do not usually cause other health problems. Still, that doesn't mean that cysts are fun to live with or pretty to look at.
These nodules, which can develop on the skin or inside the body, usually contain a liquid, semisolid, or gaseous material.
When it comes to our skin, these growths are especially common on the face, neck, back, and chest. There are many types of cysts.
Cysts can vary in appearance depending on their type and location. Listed below are 13 different types of cysts common in humans.
Some of the most common cysts are:
- Epidermoid cyst
- Sebaceous cyst
- Breast cyst
- Pilonidal cyst
- Ovarian cyst
- Baker's (popliteal) cyst
- Cystic acne
- Ingrown hair cyst
- Pilar cyst
- Mucous cyst
- Branchiogenous cyst
3 Common Cysts and how to dissolve them naturally:
Epidermoid or cutaneous cyst
What is an epidermoid cyst?
An epidermal cyst is a small, round bump on the outer layer of skin called the epidermis.
It may be filled with a soft, yellowish substance called keratin.
Epidermal cysts usually appear on the face, ears, back, or chest, but they can appear almost anywhere on the body.
What does an epidermoid cyst look like?
- Small, round and smooth.
- About the size of a pea, or slightly larger or smaller.
- Yellowish, white or skin-colored. May become red if inflamed.
- Painless. But may hurt if inflamed.
Natural remedy for cyst removal: Epidermoid cyst
Home treatment for a lump, such as an epidermal (skin) cyst, may relieve symptoms but may not make the cyst go away. It has been recommended to keep the following in mind:
Do not squeeze, scratch, drain, open (cut), or pinch the lump. This may irritate or inflame the lump, cause any existing infection to move deeper into the skin, or cause severe bleeding.
Keep the area clean by thoroughly washing the lump and surrounding skin with soap.
- Apply warm, moist towelettes to the lump for 20 to 30 minutes, 3 to 4 times a day. If you prefer, you can also use a hot water bottle or heating pad over a wet washcloth. The heat and moisture can soothe the lump, increase blood circulation to the area, and speed healing.
They can also cause a bump caused by an infection to form a pimple (but this may take 5 to 7 days). Be careful not to burn your skin. Do not use water that is hotter than bath water.
If pus starts to come out of the bump, put on a bandage to prevent the spread of the substance that comes out. Change the bandage daily. If a large amount of pus comes out of the lump, or the lump is more red or painful, you may need to be evaluated by a health care provider.
- Try a natural supplement like Cyst Be Gone™ to dissolve the cyst naturally.
What is a sebaceous cyst?
A sebaceous cyst or fatty lump is a kind of pouch that forms under the skin and contains a liquid or semi-solid, viscous, fatty substance (sebum), which is rich in keratin protein found in the most superficial part of the skin, hair, or nails.
What does a sebaceous cyst look like?
This type of cyst usually occurs when sebum, which is the substance that naturally protects the skin, blocks the sebaceous gland or the hair follicles. In addition to this, they can also appear due to skin lesions or genetic factors.
They usually appear most frequently on the face, neck, trunk, behind the ears, on the scrotum, and in women, also on the external genitalia.
Natural remedy for cyst removal: Sabaceous cyst
Sabaceous cyst natural treatment is generally most effective when you apply a warm compress to the affected area.
This will facilitate the rupture of the skin and the subsequent cyst drainage, eliminating all the liquid it contains inside.
In addition, it will also deflate the area, and blood circulation is improved.
To do it correctly, follow these steps:
- Clean the area where the cyst is located with a bit of water and neutral soap. Do it carefully and gently.
- Apply a compress moistened with warm water to the cyst and leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes. When the compress has cooled, moisten it again with warm water.
- Repeat this treatment 3 to 4 times daily to heal the sebaceous cyst more quickly.
- If pus begins to drain from the cyst, place a clean bandage over the area to avoid infection.
- Try a natural supplement like Cyst Be Gone™ to dissolve the cyst naturally.
Here are four remedies or products that will also help dissolve a sebaceous cyst:
Aloe vera is another of the best home remedies for sebaceous cysts, as it is antiseptic and anti-inflammatory, so it can be of great help in reducing swelling and fighting bacterial infections. In addition, it is an excellent natural regenerator that accelerates skin healing and wound healing.
Use it as follows:
- Apply some aloe vera gel to the cyst and with your fingers, massage the area gently.
- Let the skin absorb it completely and let the aloe dry by itself.
- Repeat the treatment about three times a day for best results.
Tea tree oil:
Tea tree oil is a product with antiseptic, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, and healing properties, so it can help heal sebaceous cysts faster and prevent infections that can make them worse.
- Dilute about four drops of tea tree oil in 1/2 cup of water and stir.
- Using a clean gauze pad, apply the diluted tea tree oil to the affected area and allow it to dry on its own.
- Repeat the treatment about two times a day.
Apple cider vinegar
You can also treat a sebaceous cyst at home with the help of apple cider vinegar. Its antibacterial and antiseptic properties are excellent for eliminating excess oil on the skin and preventing possible infections. It is also anti-inflammatory and reduces discomfort.
- Mix equal parts apple cider vinegar and water.
- Moisten a clean gauze pad in the mixture and place it on the fatty cyst.
- Let it act for about 15 to 20 minutes.
Witch hazel water is noted for its astringent properties that reduce excess sebum and deeply cleanse the skin. It also has anti-inflammatory effects and helps improve blood circulation in the area affected by the cyst. If you want to use it to remove a sebaceous cyst without surgery, apply it as follows:
- Soak a clean gauze pad in witch hazel water.
- Place the gauze over the bump for about 10 minutes.
- Repeat the treatment 3 to 4 times a day.
What is a breast cyst?
Breast cysts, also called mammary cysts, are tiny sacs of fluid that form in the breast tissue.
They can be alarming to many women, especially when felt, but they are usually benign and do not represent a serious health problem.
What does a breast cyst look like?
Breast cysts appear in one or both breasts and usually feel like a grape or balloon filled with water, whose size and shape may differ. They are very frequent in women from 30 to 60 years old. They can appear at any age because they are caused by several factors.
Today, several therapeutic methods help to eliminate breast cysts, either because they tend to keep growing or because they produce pain and inflammation.
How to dissolve breast cysts naturally:
The properties of some natural remedies can help soothe the feeling of heaviness and pain that is related to the presence of cysts in the breasts. Also, some dietary recommendations can facilitate their elimination and prevention.
The following recommendations may also help to dissolve breast cysts:
Hot or cold compresses:
- The application of hot or cold compresses helps soothe breast tenderness. These have an anti-inflammatory and analgesic effect that, in minutes, reduces the ailment.
- According to popular beliefs, the diuretic and anti-inflammatory properties of some natural infusions can help reduce the size of cysts. Some recommended infusions are chamomile, plantain, peppermint, pennyroyal, and horsetail.
A healthy and balanced diet rich in vitamin E and omega-three fatty acids can contribute to improving health when suffering from breast cysts.
The consumption of ultra-processed foods, salt (in large quantities), refined products, foodstuffs with high-fat content, or stimulants (caffeine) is not recommended.
It is common knowledge that many people face unexpected circumstances, such as a hearing or a cyst. Our goal is to help you better know how to dissolve them naturally.
Remember, everything in time has a solution; the key is in prevention.
For more information, contact us to speak to one of our nutritional experts.
Leave a comment below to tell us about your experience with Cyst Be Gone™.
- The FDA has not evaluated this statement. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.