Remedy's Sage Essential Oil is steam distilled from the leaves of the Salvia officinalis herb, a member of the mint family Lamiaceae, and native to the Mediterranean region.
The name Sage is derived from the Latin' salvere' (to save), remarking the therapeutic qualities attributed to this herb. Sage has a long history of medicinal and culinary use. It's one of the oldest medicinal plants used by humans since ancient times for many applications, such as preserving foods and treating health ailments like respiratory conditions, fungal infections, menstrual problems, digestive discomfort, and to enhance memory.
Remedy's Nutrition Sage essential oil has a sharp, herbal, spicy, uplifting, and clarifying scent. It can be used for various purposes, such as skin and hair care, overall health care, aromatherapy, and in personal care products.
Potential uses of Sage essential oil:
- Stress and tension
- Respiratory conditions
- Muscular and joint pain
- Wounds, cuts, and burns
- Digestive discomfort
- Menstrual difficulties
- Skin problems
Remedy's Nutrition® Essential Oils are:
- 100% Pure Practitioner Oils
- Pharmacist reviewed and approved
- Single oils are not cut with other oils
- Oil blends, when necessary, are blended in a base of grapeseed oil
- No additives, adulterations, contaminants, or synthetics
- Safe and clean distillation method
- Appropriately handled and stored in a tightly sealed dark glass bottle
- Quality and potency are guaranteed!
Certificate of Analysis (COA) upon request.
Sage essential oil is concentrated and potent; a couple of drops are usually enough for topical use and aromatherapy.
When using Sage oil on your skin, make sure to dilute it with a carrier oil, such as almond, coconut, or avocado oil. Always do a patch test. Remedy's Nutrition® Sage essential oil is in its pure and undiluted state. Start with small amounts: three drops in a teaspoon of carrier oil. If tolerated, you may increase the ratio until the desired effect is obtained.
- For clear, healthy-looking skin, blend Sage oil with a carrier oil, apply it on the skin.
- To promote healthy-looking hair, add a few drops of Sage oil to your shampoo, conditioner, and other hair products.
- For a clarifying effect, add Sage oil to your favorite diffuser.
- To relieve cramps and pain, dilute Sage oil with a carrier oil and massage it into the affected areas.
- For a calming atmosphere, combine a couple of drops of Sage oil with water in a spray bottle, and spray this mixture in your room, couch, and bed.
- To clean wounds and alleviate aching joints, mix Sage oil with a carrier oil and rub the blend into the affected area.
- For respiratory conditions, dilute Sage oil with a carrier oil and massage this blend into the chest.
For external use only. Avoid contact with sensitive areas. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor's care, consult your physician. Do not use undiluted on the skin. Best kept in a cool, dry place.
Sage oil can cause skin irritation or allergy. Do a patch test before using the oil to ensure it doesn't irritate your skin. If you react, stop using Sage oil or products that contain it.
OFTEN TAKEN WITH
For aromatherapy, perfumery, or DYI home products, Remedy's Nutrition® Sage essential oil blends well with:
Bergamot, Clary Sage, Geranium, Ginger, Lavender, Lemon, Neroli, Orange, Rosemary, Tea Tree, and Vetiver.
Essential Oils are scented oils extracted from flowers, bark, stems, leaves, roots, and other plant parts. Historically, many different cultures have used these healing plant oils in medicine, cosmetics, perfumes, food, and aromatherapy.
REVIEWSRead and leave reviews
Why You'll Love Us:
We Specialize in Herbal Remedies, Vitamins, and Supplements That Work, Guaranteed!
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.