Remedy's Nutrition® Key Lime essential oil is obtained from the peel of the Citrus × aurantiifolia fruit, native to Southeast Asia but naturalized in the Florida Keys. It is also known as West Indian lime, Bartender's Lime, Omani Lime, or Mexican Lime.
Key Lime is highly valued for its characteristic and unique flavor. The name comes from its association with our Florida Keys, where it's best known as the flavoring ingredient in the delicious Key Lime Pie.
Remedy's Nutrition® Key Lime essential oil is extracted through a steam distillation process. It has a citrus, tart, zesty, and fresh aroma, characteristic of the fruit.
Key Lime is an essential oil that has uplifting, stimulating, and refreshing properties. When used in aromatherapy, it's great to help you deal with anxiety, stress, and tension. It can also improve vitality during the cold and flu season. Topically, it may help you reduce skin irritations and insect bites.
Potential uses and benefits of Key Lime essential oil:
- Cold, flu
- Promotes digestion
- Increases circulation
- Skin irritations
- Insect bites
- Stress and anxiety
Remedy's Nutrition® Essential Oils are:
- 100% Pure Practitioner Oils
- Pharmacist reviewed and approved
- Single oils are not cut with other oils
- Oil blends, when necessary, are blended in a base of grapeseed oil
- No additives, adulterations, contaminants, or synthetics
- Safe and clean distillation method
- Appropriately handled and stored in a tightly sealed dark glass bottle
- Quality and potency are guaranteed!
Certificate of Analysis (COA) upon request.
Key Lime essential oil is concentrated and potent; a couple of drops are usually enough for topical use and aromatherapy.
When using Key Lime oil on your skin, make sure to dilute it with a carrier oil, such as almond, coconut, or avocado oil. Always do a patch test. Remedy's Nutrition® Key Lime essential oil is in its pure and undiluted state. Start with small amounts: three drops in a teaspoon of carrier oil. If tolerated, you may increase the ratio until the desired effect is obtained. Avoid direct sunlight or UV rays for up to 12 hours after applying Key Lime oil topically.
- For healthy-looking skin, blend Key Lime with a carrier oil, and apply it to the skin.
- For a cleansing massage, combine a few drops of Key Lime oil with a carrier oil and apply to the desired area. You can add a few drops of Key Lime oil to your body lotion, or massage oil.
- To elevate mood, rub your hands with 1-2 drops of Key Lime essential oil, bring your hands over your nose and inhale.
- For an uplifting environment, add Key Lime oil to your favorite diffuser.
- To make your DIY cleaner, combine a couple of drops of Key Lime oil with water in a spray bottle, and clean any area that needs it.
For external use only. Avoid contact with sensitive areas. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor's care, consult your physician. Do not use undiluted on the skin. Best kept in a cool, dry place.
Key Lime oil can cause skin irritation or allergy. Do a patch test before using the oil to ensure it doesn't irritate your skin. If you react, stop using Key Lime oil or products that contain it.
Applying Key Lime oil before sun exposure may cause photosensitivity and burning. Avoid direct sunlight or UV rays for up to 12 hours after applying Key Lime oil on the skin.
OFTEN TAKEN WITH
For aromatherapy, perfumery, or DYI home products, Remedy's Nutrition® Key Lime essential oil blends well with:
Basil, Bergamot, Cedarwood, Geranium, Grapefruit, Lavender, Lemon, Mandarin, Neroli, Nutmeg, Orange, Rosemary, Vetiver, and Ylang-ylang.
Essential Oils are scented oils extracted from flowers, bark, stems, leaves, roots, and other plant parts. Historically, many different cultures have used these healing plant oils in medicine, cosmetics, perfumes, food, and aromatherapy.
REVIEWSRead and leave reviews
Why You'll Love Us:
We Specialize in Herbal Remedies, Vitamins, and Supplements That Work, Guaranteed!
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.