Tips for You to Beat the Summer Heat
Posted on June 25 2019
As summer temperatures increase, so does the risk of getting dehydrated. The average adult's body is 60% water, and staying hydrated is crucial to being healthy. As temperatures hit, here are a number of important tips to help you beat the summer heat:
- Drinking plenty of water throughout the day is certainly advised. It would be preferable for you to drink chilled water, and it should be done every hour, about one or two glasses each time. This should be especially done before, during, and then right after undergoing physical activities. Do this in order to avoid becoming dehydrated, and this is going to happen if your body is actually losing more fluids than it is consuming. Your body's temperature is going to rise and then cooling perspiration is going to be prevented.
- Choose loose fitting clothing s it allows for better circulation of the air. It would also be advisable for you to wear clothes that are lighter colored, since it would reflect light and not absorb it too much like dark colored ones do. The darker colors would only absorb the light and heat and those who are wearing them would feel hotter and more uncomfortable. If you really want to complete your outfit and protection from the sun, then you should also add wearing your sunglasses and your preferred headgear or hat.
- You better try to avoid drinking alcohol, drinks that have caffeine, and also those that have plenty of sugar in it because it would only likely lead to dehydration. And since there are so many drinks available today that are like those that were described, then it makes the risk so much higher. But then again that's why you need to keep yourself armed with information, so that you could do what you need to do to avoid getting dehydrated in the heat of summer.
- Needless to say, you need to take baths more frequently during the summertime. Cool baths are great, and you should also try to shower as often as you can. There are few things that are better at helping you cope with the summer heat than having cool baths and showers.
- Always have water that you could use for spraying yourself whenever you feel that the temperature has already gone too high. The water should be placed inside a bottle that you could then spray on your face and your neck and maybe on your limbs whenever you feel the necessity to do so.
Article Source: https://EzineArticles.com/expert/Jeff_T._Hancock_/1408370