Control Your Osteoporosis
Posted on 28 April 2015
It is never too late to keep bones strong and avoid fractures.
Risk factors for osteoporosis include:
• Female sex
• Increasing age
• Small, thin-boned frame
• Ethnicity. White and Asian women have the greatest risk.
• Family history
• Sex hormones. Infrequent menstrual cycles and estrogen loss due to menopause may increase risk.
• Diet low in calcium and vitamin D
• Medication use, particularly glucocorticoids or some anticonvulsants
• Sedentary lifestyle
• Excessive alcohol
Where possible eliminate these contributing factors and compensate where possible. 7 Keys to Preventing Osteoporosis
1. Be Active
2. Balance Diet
3. Balance Hormones
4. Reduce Stress
5. Evaluate side effects of medications
6. Gain Muscle
7. Keep your health from boiling over due to external influences.