Posted on 22 September 2014
Adrenal insufficiency is commonly associated with the following symptoms, which can vary from mild to extreme.
• decreased tolerance to cold - poor circulation
• low blood sugar level (hypoglycemia)
• low blood pressure
• apathy or depression
• low stamina
• low self-esteem due to low energy output...
• joint aches and pains
• low levels of gastric hydrochloric acid
• tendency to constipation
• muscle weakness
• need for excessive amounts of sleep
• fears, due to low energy and secondary copper toxicity
• lowered resistance to infection
• subnormal body temperature
Correction Of Adrenal Insufficiency
An individual in burnout has a very difficult time maintaining normal blood sugar levels. The reason is that the normal energy pathway for production of glucose from carbohydrates and fats is not operating well. Hence one desires to consume sugar directly to provide fuel for the cells.
1. Nutritional assessment through tissue mineral analysis.
2. A wholesome diet of natural foods appropriate for one's oxidation type and digestive ability.
3. Nutritional supplements to reduce stress and enhance adrenal activity. The adrenal glands especially require vitamins A, C, E, pantothenic acid, manganese and zinc. Adrenal glandular substance is also recommended to provide adrenal nucleoprotein and other specific nutritional factors to help rebuild the adrenal glands.
4. Supplements to enhance overall metabolism, eliminate toxic metals and enhance absorption and digestion of food.
5. Lifestyle modification to reduce harmful stressors.
6. Techniques to improve one's ability to cope with stress. This can include biofeedback, meditation, relaxation techniques, etc.
7. Attitude adjustment, including letting go of resentment, blame, attachments and fears that stimulate but also can paralyze the adrenal glands.